Fire up the grill and get ready for some amazingly fresh and delicious vegetable flavor thanks to this easy recipe for Zucchini on a Stick! It’s the ideal fun and healthy appetizer for the whole family, so this zucchini recipe is sure to be a repeat!
Why You’ll Love This Zucchini on a Stick
● Happy Handheld Food – This wonderful recipe is so much for all ages, because who doesn’t love food on a stick!? It’s a great addition to any barbecue or cookout menu but it also makes a great fast side dish for family dinner!
● Elegant Flavor in an Unexpected Package – Zucchini on a Stick has all the elevated flavors you’d expect from a five-star side dish, including fresh zucchini and brie, but with the whimsical twist of being woven onto a stick! It’s a great way to make healthy flavors a little more fun!
● Low-Carb Vegetarian – It can be so stressful to try to meet everyone’s dietary needs, but this great snack is perfect for so many people! It is low-carb, vegetarian, gluten-free, and nut-free. That means everyone will want seconds of this simple snack!
Mandoline Slicer A mandoline slicer is the perfect way to make nice flat strips of zucchini perfect for skewering. If you don’t have this tool, try using a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer to achieve even slices.
Skewers If you have metal skewers, those are perfect for this cook. If not grab a package of wooden skewers from the grocery store but remember to soak them before skewering and grilling.
Grill You can use an electric grill or you can heat up the BBQ.
How to Serve Zucchini on a Stick
Serve these skewers warm alongside your favorite proteins and sauces or serve them warm as an easy party appetizer! Anytime is the right time for some yummy Zucchini on a Stick!
How to Store Zucchini on a Stick
To store this delicious dish allow the veggies and cheese to cool completely and then move them to an airtight container. Refrigerate the sticks for up to 2 days. Enjoy the leftovers cold as a fresh and cheesy snack!
Zucchini on a Stick
- 1 zucchini sliced lengthwise with a mandolin - Fresh zucchini is like a sign that grilling season has finally arrived and this recipe celebrates the good weather with great flavor! Choose bright-colored fresh zucchini Fresh zucchini is like a sign that grilling season has finally arrived and this recipe celebrates the good weather with great flavor! Choose bright-colored fresh zucchini Try to choose nicely sized fruit so it is easy to slice with the mandoline.
- 1 block Brie cheese cut into blocks This brilliant soft cheese is great for baked and grilled recipes because it can take a little heat. Choose your favorite brand of brie and cut it into cubes for this recipe.
- 1 handfull Fresh parsley chopped Parsley has the best leafy and fresh flavor for this recipe!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Olive oil is the perfect lean cooking oil for this recipe.
- 1 tsp Sea Salt and Pepper Such a deliciously simple dish doesn’t need much in the way of seasonings just sea salt and fresh ground pepper to make this dish pop!
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano This sweet herb brings a nice leafy flavor to this Zucchini on a Stick.
- Recipe Instructions:
- Slice the zucchini with a mandoline slicer and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the brie, parsley, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and oregano. Give everything a good mix to combine.
- On a cutting board, lay out the zucchini slices. Top a slice with a block of brie and roll the cheese up in the zucchini as tightly as possible. Skewer the wrapped cheese and continue the process with the remaining cheese.
- Make rows of 3 zucchini wrapped cheese blocks per skewer; try to stack them as tight as possible.
- Grill them on a medium to low heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Enjoy Your Pure Plate!